>>Read this information in Japanese/日本語で読む
Tohoku University President Fellowship（東北大学外国人留学生総長特別奨学生）application information is now accepting the application.
Those who enrolls in Tohoku University as:
- Regular Graduate school students
- Research students
- Prospective students who plan to enter Tohoku University between April 2018 to April 2019
*Those who have the following conditions are not eligible to apply:
- MEXT scholarship students
- Those who study at Tohoku University being exempt from the tuition fees besed upon the agreetment on academic exchange
- JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) grant recipients
- Doctoral students receiving scholarship from Tohoku University Program for Leading Graduate Schools
◆ Scholarship Amount:
Equal to the amount of tuition fees:
|（FY 2016）||Tuition fee||Examination fee||Entrance fee|
|30,000 JPY||282,000 JPY|
|Research Students||29,700 JPY
|9,800 JPY||84,600 JPY|
※Fees of Examination and Entrance should be paid one time only at the time of admission.
◆ Scholarship payment period:
From April 2018 to until completing the course period
Extension of scholarship period may be admitted in the following cases:
- Research students who enroll in regular graduate course
- Master's students who go onto Doctoral course
◆ How to apply:
Prepare documents that are instructed in the guideline to submit them to the department office.
◆ Application Period:
Please contact the department office for the deadline.
(It is likely to be a few days prior to the deadline set by the Student Support Section, which is Friday, January 5, 2018).