>>Read this information in Japanese/日本語で読む
Tohoku University President Fellowship（東北大学外国人留学生総長特別奨学生）application information is now accepting the application for 2019.
Those who satisfy ONE of the following conditions:
- Regular graduate school students at Tohoku University
- Research students at Tohoku University
- Prospective students who plan to enter Tohoku University between April 2019 to October 2019
*Those who fall into the following conditions are not eligible to apply:
- MEXT scholarship students
- Those who study at Tohoku University being exempt from the tuition fees besed upon the agreetment on academic exchange
- JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) grant recipients
- Doctoral students receiving scholarship from Tohoku University Program for Leading Graduate Schools
◆Number of Grantees:
Total 20 students in Tohoku University
*Application result will come out by mid-March 2019.
◆ Scholarship payment period:
From April 2019 to until completing the course period
Extension of scholarship period may be admitted in the following cases:
- Research students who enroll in regular graduate course
- Master's students who go onto Doctoral course
◆ How to apply:
Prepare documents that are instructed in the guideline to submit them to the department office.
Application forms are allowed to fill out either in English or in Japanese.
◆ Application Period:
Please contact the department office for the deadline.
(It is likely to be a few days prior to the deadline set by the Student Support Section, which is Friday, January 4, 2019).