|1. Job title||Associate professor, one position
(1) Division: Astronomical Institute, Tohoku University
(2) Location: Aoba-ku, Sendai, Japan
|3. Area of expertise||Astronomy in general|
|4. Job description||Research, education, and management at Astronomical Institute|
|5. Terms of appointment||Starts from 1st Mar 2022 or later (at the earliest convenience), and ends on 31st Mar at the retirement age of 65.|
|6. Qualification||Minimum educational requirement is Ph.D. or equivalent|
|7. Required application materials||(1) Cover letter
(2) Curriculum vitae
(3) Publication list
(4) Copies of major papers (5 or less)
(5) Summary of past research activities
(6) Research plan
(7) Contact persons names for reference (at least 2 persons).
|8. Application deadline||Application documents must arrive by 30th July, 2021 (JST)|
Send the printed materials by a registered mail to the following address.
To: Prof. Tadayuki Kodama
Astronomical Institute, Tohoku University
6-3 Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8578
|10. Contact address||Tadayuki Kodama
Phone: 022-795-6503 Fax: 022-795-6513
(1) The successful candidate will be employed under the salary system of Tohoku University.
(2) Policy for Equal Employment Opportunity: Abiding by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act for Men and Women, Tohoku University is committed to the realization of a society with gender equality.
We will welcome applications especially from women, and from younger generations.
See http://tumug.tohoku.ac.jp/en/ for further information.